Titles and Covers

So I have been busy over the last few days, mostly to get back into the swing of things where actual work is

 
to be concerned. You see, I was doodling with Publisher and a photo editing programme, and trying to come up with a cover for a new series of novelettes, novellas and short novels that are to be set in the same universe (I talked about it last Friday here). I talked about the importance of a good catchy title back then as well, and am still working on it for the first story and for the series itself.

Well, for the last couple of days I was trying to come up with an idea for the first cover. You can see it to

your right. It's not a bad starter, but as you can see the colours
seem to wash into each other . . . or more accurately, the orange just didn't stand out. 

The one on the left?

Well, it's a step away from the first version, and is a spiritial follow-on to what my friends Nigel and Ander had done for me as examples.

What do you guys think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Different Experiences

A small update

Let's rage against them words